Tips for having newborn photos with a toddler
Adding a new baby to the family is an exciting time and having a toddler adds an extra level of fun and excitement to your session but can also be a bit overwhelming. So here are some of my favorite things to do when having newborn photos with a toddler.
- Special treats for your toddler: Having a special treat for your toddler, something that they normally can’t have, tends to be the best treat.
- Choose a comfortable location: Your kiddo wants to be comfortable as do your family and newborn so think about your home as the location for the session.
- Choose a time that’s not before their nap: Allow at least two hours before their nap time to schedule the session. Early mornings is a great time frame as the later in the day, the more likelihood of the witching hour occurring.
- Dress comfortably: You’re at home so rock out in pajamas and comfy clothes and let your toddler wear what they want to wear.
- Let them lead: If they want to have everyone sit on the floor, let them. They’ll want to be in charge and let them enjoy leading the session.
Remember the first few days of bringing your newborn home with your toddler with a lifestyle newborn photography session!
Are you expecting a new arrival to your family? Are you ready to memorialize your family’s moments and fun with a family session that is all about your family? Let’s connect, let’s photograph your family’s story, let’s play!
Kim Ebbets of Photos by Kim E is a Bay Area | San Jose photographer who makes your family shine with authentic, fun images!
Located in the Silicon Valley | Bay Area | East Bay | San Jose | Morgan Hill | and is available for travel.