Tips on how to make your family photography sessions fun and special – Photos by Kim E
Going into a family photography session can seem stressful especially if you don’t know what to expect. So here are some tips about how our sessions flow.
- Prepare your kids and family that we’re going to go into the session with the expectations of playing, snuggling, having fun, making faces, being silly.
- We’ll start the session with the “look at me and smile” so we’re done with it early on. Then we’ll start with a game, a chase or giving them lots of love, tickling them, making fart sounds, etc.
- Kids can be nervous with a photography session as they don’t know what to expect so they can express it wildly. But we’ll let them explore, let them be themselves and chase after them if needed. As we progress with the session, they will unfold naturally
- Some kids want to play “photographer” so I’ll let them help by taking photos with either a backup camera or instax camera.
- Finish off the session with some kind of treat. Ice cream, donuts, cookies, bagels are just some lovely treats that I love to suggest, especially when I can continue taking photos of the sweetness.
Hope this helps give you a bit of an idea of the low-stress, style of fun our sessions are. I aim to have the photos your children where they will care about them when they’re older and feel like they’ve been taken back to that fun time. Photos where they will remind them of how it felt to be loved by you and how much family fun you had.
Let’s have a family fun photography session! Now Booking!
Are you ready for your family photography session? Let’s connect, let’s photograph your family’s story, let’s play!
Kim Ebbets of Photos by Kim E is a Bay Area | San Jose photographer who makes your family shine with authentic, fun images!
Located in the Silicon Valley | Bay Area | East Bay | San Jose | Morgan Hill | and is available for travel.