Maternity Photo Tips – Prepare for your maternity photo session – San Jose Family Photographer
Yay, what an exciting time as you soak in all the goodness and love of your growing family! If you’ve been thinking about photos, here are some maternity photo tips to document your family.
• When should you book? Between 31 and 36 weeks is a great time because your belly has popped into a beautiful shape, plus it’s more likely that you have more energy and not feel so blah, like the first trimester and towards the end of your pregnancy.
• What to wear? Be comfortable! Maternity gowns are gorgeous but if it’s not something you would ever wear, don’t feel like you need to. Cozy shirt with tights, an empire waist top with jeans and flats, be you, rock out with what you feel comfortable with.
• Location? Where have you felt the most comfortable? Have you been spending a lot of time at home craving lots of delicious goodies or exploring easy hiking spots? Think about what you’ve been doing during your pregnancy, where you’ve been happy, cozy, content and that should be the location you think of.
• Treat yourself? Yes, treat yourself! Hire someone to do your makeup or hair, get your nails done, buy new clothes, or jewelry, but really, treat yourself! Maybe even a prenatal massage after the session.
• Props? The stuffed animal you’ll do monthly photos with, sonogram photos, a favorite book, are all items that make adorable props.
• Siblings! Prepare them for fun and to be a part of the session! Let them run and play but also if they want a few minutes to be by themselves, that’s totally fine. They’re about to be a big sibling so let’s also make sure they are kept cozy and happy too!
Hope you found the maternity photo tips helpful!
Are your ready for your maternity photos? Click the button below to get started!
Are you ready for your family fun photos? Let’s connect and tell your story.
Already have a date already in mind? Check out my calendar to see if the date is available and then submit a request for that date. If it’s not available and your date is flexible, definitely reach out too.
Kim Ebbets of Photos by Kim E is a San Jose family photographer that specializes in family sessions that are all about your family.
Located in the Silicon Valley | Bay Area | San Jose | Morgan Hill | and is available for travel.