High School Senior Photos – Wardrobe tips for your portraits photos
Time to start planning outfits for your high school senior photos? My favorite thing to tell people is to be YOU! Whatever your style, definitely rock it! But I know that some can still feel stuck on what to wear so here are some things I would love to share.
- Your style. What do you feel most comfortable and confident in? Choose an outfit that reflects your personality and style. Whether you want casual, dressy, or unique, this is your time so we want your photos to reflect who you are!
- Location of your shoot. If you’re taking your photos outdoors, make sure you take a look at the weather. Layering is always good, especially since it can add different looks.
- Accessorize. If you have your cap and gown already, bring those. If you have a favorite book, or play a sport, bring those, they work great as props.
- Avoid wearing anything too uncomfortable. If clothes are brand new (looking at your new jeans), too revealing, too tight, your discomfort can be reflected in the photos.
- Pay attention to the colors. Like if our session is a green field, steer away from greens/yellows. If we’re at the beach, stay away from browns/blues. Check out a color wheel if you’re stumped on colors.
- Most importantly: Have fun and be yourself! This is your year, so let’s rock it!
Are you about to graduate? Are you ready for your high school senior photos that looks way better than the school portraits?! Let’s connect!
Are you ready for your high school photos? Let’s connect, let’s photograph your story, let’s play!
Kim Ebbets of Photos by Kim E is a Bay Area | San Jose photographer who makes your family shine with authentic, fun images!
Located in the Silicon Valley | Bay Area | East Bay | San Jose | Morgan Hill | and is available for travel.