Guide for what to wear for newborn photos
The first few weeks of life at home with a newborn feels like a blur so newborn photos are a beautiful way to remember the first few weeks of your baby’s life. The last thing we want to do is add stress about what to wear when it comes to our at-home lifestyle newborn photography session! Here are some tips for what to wear for newborn photos so you can relax and be comfortable during our session.
- Think simple, solid colors. Avoid super busy patterns or logos, as these can be distracting from the photos. Neutral colors like white, cream, black, and gray are always a good choice especially for close-up photos while holding baby.
- Comfortable fabrics. You’ll be spending a lot of time holding your baby, so make sure you’re comfortable.
- Jeans and a top: A perfect casual and comfortable option, especially for dads. Choose a pair of dark-wash jeans and a loose-fitting top in a solid color.
- Coordinate your outfits with your partner. This will help to create a cohesive look in your photos.
- Have fun with your outfits! This is a special occasion, so don’t be afraid to let your personality shine through in your clothing choices.
Remember the first few days of bringing your newborn home with a lifestyle newborn photography session!
Are you expecting a new arrival to your family? Are you ready to memorialize your family’s moments and fun with a family session that is all about your family? Let’s connect, let’s photograph your family’s story, let’s play!
Kim Ebbets of Photos by Kim E is a Bay Area | San Jose photographer who makes your family shine with authentic, fun images!
Located in the Silicon Valley | Bay Area | East Bay | San Jose | Morgan Hill | and is available for travel.